Crystal Springs Golf Club is recognized as one of the finest golf facilities in the northeast United States. When Crystal Springs opened in 1992, it was rated among the top 25 new golf courses in America by Golf Digest Magazine. The Jersey Golfer named Crystal Springs as “The Best Public Golf Course” in New Jersey in its ranking of New Jersey’s best layouts. Year after year, Crystal Springs ranks among Golf Digest’s top ten list for public golf courses in New Jersey, awarding Crystal Springs 3-1/2 stars in 2004.
Crystal Springs is also considered the most challenging layout in New Jersey. Despite measuring just over 6,800 yards from the championship tees, the distinct character of Crystal Springs Golf Club can be attributed to designer Robert von Hagge of Houston, Texas. Von Hagge has long been recognized as one of the leading golf course architects in the United States. One of the hallmarks of a von Hagge course is sculpted mounds which frame the fairways and greens, giving definition to each hole while adding an intense contrast of color between the fairways and roughs.
The signature hole is the famous eleventh ... a par three with the tees situated 80 feet above the green on the top of a cliff, overlooking the former Windsor Quarry. When the limestone quarrying operations ceased in 1929, the site filled with water, forming the many natural springs that now dot the property. The clear waters at the tenth prompted the naming of the community, the golf course and ultimately the Crystal Springs Resort.
Crystal Springs Golf Club attracts an active membership, an assortment of tournament groups and a diversified clientele of golfers who travel the world looking for memorable courses and extraordinary golf holes.
Black: 6,808 Blue: 6,361 White: 5,874 Red: 5,111
Black:74.1/137 Blue:72.1/132 White:69.7/126 Red:70.5/123
- Opened: 1991
- Designer: Robert von Hagge
- General Manager: Art Walton
- Superintendent: Craig Worts
- Golf Professional: David Glenz, PGA
National Teacher of the Year
- Clubhouse: 53,000 square feet, Adirondack-style
- Greens: Bentgrass
- Fairways: Bentgrass
- Tees: Bentgrass
- Roughs: Ryegrass/Bluegrass Blend
- # of Bunkers: 58
- Holes with Water: #9, #10, #11, #12, #16
- Amenities: David Glenz Academy Satellite, Pro Shop, Driving Range, Putting Green, Chipping Area, Lockers, Showers, Restaurant, Bar, Snack Bar, Real Estate Development; Part of Crystal Springs Resort including a new Hotel, Spa & Sports Club
- Services: Club Rentals, Lessons/Clinics, Beverage Cart
One Wild Turkey Way
Hardyston, NJ 07419
- Mail to:
P.O. Box 35
Hamburg, NJ 07419
- Tee Times & Lodging: 973.827.5996
- Golf Outings, Meetings & Corporate Events: 973.827.4357